Somerville's is proud to be an authorised HI-MACS fabricator; the solid surface material of the "New Generation".
The mineral material consists of approximately one third acrylic resin (polymethyl methcrylate or PMMA) and 5% natural pigments. Its main constituent, with 70% is the natural mineral aluminium hydroxide (ATH) obtained from bauxite (aluminium ore).
Benefits of the 'New Generation' material:
- The intelligent combination of acrylic, natural minerals and pigments to produce HI-MACS® produces a non-porous, smooth surface that meets the most exacting hygiene requirements and offers a number of benefits over conventional alternatives.
- HI-MACS® is superior to conventional products, such as marble, granite, glass, ceramic, laminate or polyester, especially on account of its flexibility and the possibility of seamless joints together with ease of repairability.
- Almost unlimited uses
- Unlimited possibilities for individual design
- Superior quality, laboratory-tested raw materials
- Progressive manufacturing method that conforms
to the most exacting environmental standards
- Simple fabrication
- Extensive range of sinks and bowls
- Ease of care
- Resistance to almost all household chemicals
- Outstanding price-performance ratio
- Unique 10 + 5 year warranty
HI-MACS® modern processing technology allows:
- Improved heat resistance
- Improved impact strength
- Enhanced scratch resistance
- Better UV resistance
- Improved thermoplastic mouldability
- A more homogeneous quality